Performance appraisals are very important in providing direction and feedback. Too often though, they are uncomfortable and unproductive. This workshop is designed to teach supervisors, team leaders and managers how to conduct meaningful performance evaluations.
Participants will learn how to ensure the process is ongoing, positive, and results-oriented. Topics that will be discussed will include:
- Attitudes regarding performance appraisals
- Setting the standards
- Communicating honestly with employees
- Handling employee complaints
- Filling out the evaluation form
- Conducting the performance review meeting
At the end of this workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss attitudes regarding the performance appraisal process.
- Define and communicate standards of performance.
- Effectively conduct a performance appraisal interview.